We, the people of St. Mary’s Anglican Church, called by God and committed to Jesus Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit, seek to live and make known, in word and action, the good news of God’s love in the world. Using our gifts, we worship, proclaim, learn, serve, reach out, welcome others, and develop a caring and sharing community of believers.
The Five Pillars for St. Mary’s Vision
Ministry that makes a difference
- We connect with people and God by offering inspiring worship relevant to our times
- We build caring relationships to support each other on our Christian journey
- We provide enriching programs that support all of the people at St. Mary’s
- We all share in the leadership of St. Mary’s
- We are committed to ongoing leadership identification and training
- Our leaders are trustworthy, open and communicate our shared vision
- We open our doors responding to all who need help
- We prayerfully explore outreach opportunities and needs
- We actively go into the community and share our gifts and resources
- We use our property for community support
- We identify and share our skills, talents and gifts effectively within St. Mary’s and our community
- We communicate our ministry opportunities with the congregation to encourage their stewardship commitment
Passionate spiritual growth
- We believe that growing in our faith and our relationships with God is essential to our spiritual growth
- We provide a variety of avenues for developing spirituality and attracting people to our faith
- We explore opportunities for alternative expressions of spirituality
The Mission Statement was developed in the late 1990s during the incumbency of the Rev. Canon Bob Leckey.
The Vision Statement was developed in 2009 under the leadership of the Rev. Mark Kinghan with a working group of parishioners.